Procurement Strategy: Increasing competitiveness
Superior strategies for sourcing products, solutions and services as well as innovations are crucial for the company’s success. In complex procurement projects, annual price negotiations or make-or-buy decisions, purchasing is not just a reactive internal service provider, but a proactive entrepreneur who takes into account both the corporate goals and the various interests of development, quality, manufacturing, logistics and sales.
Our clients are operating in various industries and are mostly international.
Our support in the development of your Procurement Strategy:
- We support our clients in preparing and executing highly competitive, rule-based, fair and transparent awarding processes.
- We maximize incentives for suppliers by bundling both existing purchasing volumes across business units, countries, locations, as well as future purchasing volumes by means of “forward bundling”.
- We maximize competition by strengthening and selectively expanding the supplier base, paying particular attention to suppliers from best or low cost countries (LCCs).
- We evaluate all qualified suppliers on a monetary basis and make their offers and performance characteristics comparable by means of “Total Value of Ownership” (TVO).
- We develop and optimize case-specific negotiation and auction strategies and control the awarding process by applying game theory and industrial economics.
- We create commitment through written assurance of compliance with transparent rules in the negotiation or auction process by the purchasing department.
- We optimize process flows, e.g., for more efficient, cross-functional cooperation or to increase commitment in negotiations or auctions.
We conduct or support the execution of negotiations and (e)auctions and directly help our clients to capture sustainable savings.
Dr. Peter Krampf: „Strategisches Prozessmanagement. Instrumente und Philosophien für mehr Effizienz, Qualität und Kundenzufriedenheit“